These are a sound favourite of little C's to make, and a favourite of P and F to eat. These work really well with either cream cheese or vanilla buttercream, but I prefer to leave them plain and let the little ones have them as an after school snack.
- 120 - 130 mls sunflower/ vegetable / (at a push) olive oil.
- 175g caster sugar (golden works best)
- 200g self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- zest of 1 LARGE orange
- 2 medium carrots coarsely grated.
- preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cases
- In a large bowl whisk eggs, sugar and oil together until light and fluffy
- Sift flour and cinnamon into the bowl and add the orange zest, vanilla and carrots. Gently mix with a metal spoon until all the flour is incorporated.
- Cook for approx. 20 mins until springy to the touch.