Monday 20 February 2012

Dragon Castle Cake and Topsy Turvy Cake

So still attempting to organise my life, and came across some more cake creations, thought I'd stick them up here for you to see and admire (all flattering comments especially welcome). These two were created for a friend's school fair.




Not a great picture I'll admit but here you can hopefully see my attempt at creating a smaller version of the fairy princess castle. One of my delightful charges suggested that I make it "less boring" by putting a dragon on it! This being my first attempt at sugarcraft, the dragon is simply made out of coloured sugarpaste.

The vines are made out of green glitter painted on to the sugar paste turret using a little bit of water and a sterilised paintbrush. Her you can see my (somewhat pathetic) attempt at flames.
This was another first attempt - at a topsy-turvy cake, sometimes known as  a  mad-hatter's cake. NOT AS EASY AS I THOUGHT!! I must asmit by the end I was rather frustrated and my work got a little sloppy, but I am determined that this is a challenge that I will win, and my next will be AWESOME!
I think the contrasting colours and spots really work here, and who doesn't love a sugarpaste glitter covered crown?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Let me know!